Saturday, May 29, 2010

Coming up with a name.


Welcome to my blog. Been thinking about it for a while now and a rainy day at home without too many distractions has allowed me to create.




Thought for a while about the name, came up with a couple that were already taken and ended up going back to my art for inspiration . . . yep dogs.

I seem to be attracted to making art and craft that relates to dogs. Even when I was at art school doing photography I did a series based on the dog!

This is one of the paintings I have recently done that inspired the name. This painting was inspired by the children's book 'Mr Dog' by Margaret Wise-Brown. It's a book that our family love and it's about a dog who belongs to himself. We also love 'Scuppers the Sailor dog' by Margaret Wise-Brown as well. All dogs should aspire to be so independent.


I'll share more of my paintings later.




1 comment:

caz said...

This is cool. I love that it is simple and the texture comes with the use of colour.