Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Just hanging around.

Mobiles. Not the annoying things that interrupt our lives with stupid ringtones etc, just a very quiet hanging mobile. This is one I have just completed.


I've used an old children's book as inspiration for the colours.  I also used pages from the book as well as I love the illustrations and phrases such as "How does the doll go? Mama."  It's an ecclectic mix of colours, materials and buttons.


This is the monochromatic one I made some time ago and I've attempted to photograph it before but it never looks great when photographed (sorry). It doesn't help that my camera has decided to stop zooming!  It includes paper flowers and doilies. Both are hanging from a wire hoop up top.

1 comment:

Gay McDonell said...

They are very peaceful and dainty!