Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Neutrals

Sorry I haven't posted for a bit, but I have been working on a painting for a friend.  It was a swap; a painting for 10 months gym membership. 

The pressure has been on!  All she said was that she wanted something to 'match' her decor which is in browns, reds and off white.  When I asked for some direction in subject matter she replied that she liked landscapes.  Well, I'm not a landscape painter, so I've gone with a pattern I've used for my screenprints - just elaborated. 


I've used old music sheets for collage as she used to be in a marching band when we were at school together, and I thought that it seemed appropriate.  I'm a bit nervous about showing her though as it ain't no landscape!


Most importantly I have enjoyed doing it.  Better make sure I use that gym membership.

1 comment:

Gay McDonell said...

Man! That is awesome - she'll love it!!! What an excellent swap!!!