Sunday, January 23, 2011

Home from Holidays

Yes, back after a week away with my family and it was great. 

Plenty of bike riding, swimming in the Allyn River, bbq's, late nights, going to the dairy, drinking 'real' milk, seeing plenty of wildlife which included two red bellied black snakes in the one day and a goanna.

Here are a couple of snaps I took.  I did notice how green everything is.  I think lush is the word I'm after.


You have to look closely for the goanna. I didn't want to get too close.

Did I mention bike riding?
Little James was a champion bike rider by the end of the week.


And then there was swimming a couple of times a day. Still cold mid January.  Having no tv, internet or mobile phone availability is exhausting.


And then because this blog is about making and creating I thought I'd include this amazing birds nest that was hanging from a tree, just above our heads.

I know . . . the countdown is on. The holidays are nearly over, BUT we do have The Brown Owls meeting on Tuesday night!  Yay!

See you there at Nords Wharf Hall, 7-9pm, bring your own craft, or use our materials to experiment.

No comments: