Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mixed for Mother

Thursday night I quickly decided to make a couple of mixed media works for the Mothers Day stall (the next day!) and I'm finally getting around to putting them up. 

They were small 8x10 canvases and I began with an acrylic wash, then another coat of acrylic, then when that dried I used silver spray paint and plants from the back garden as templates. 

The round one is a nasturtium.  I then decided to tone down the silver and went over it again with a white wash.  Materials and tissue paper were used for the mixed media. Oh, and then I used graphite to go around the flower shapes.
I think they sold, but it's always hard when your buyers are aged between 5 and 12 years old.  I probably should have left the silver paint, cause they like shiny.

No comments: