Monday, May 2, 2011

Little books

I've been trying to come up with a few easy crafting options for the school Mothers Day stall later this week. 

I must admit I struggled. I wanted something easy to make, yet be something I would use myself.  I finally made a couple of these small notebooks which each took approx 10 minutes to make.  In fact I'm going to do a few of them tomorrow night at the Brown Owls.  I used the sewing machine for the applique on the front and the seam down the middle.  The most time consuming bit was cutting the paper.

The Brown Owls meet tomorrow night, Tuesday 3rd May at 6pm, Nords Wharf Community Hall.  We'll be making more Mothers Day gifts including cushion covers, bunches of paper flowers and perhaps a bag or two?  Come along if you're keen to spend a couple of hours creating.