Sunday, October 3, 2010

A bit of rain, a bit of art & craft.

Isn't it amazing how much more productive we are when the weather is not so great?  This morning Miss Beatie was quickly into sewing her Owl. 


She's doing a fabulous job with her sewing (& her painting), and as I type this she's back at it again.

I've also been busy doing some lino printing (& threading needles).  I decided to do a lino print for the letter 'r'.  Which I will now do some 'enhancing' with sewing.


It's a bit tricky getting those letters the right way round - which is the wrong way round!  If you know what I mean.  Thought we might be able to use this as the template for our leaflets?



And I printed onto more fabric for another 'flag'.


At our 3rd meeting on the 26th October I'll be doing a lino printing demonstration so why not come along and learn something new?. 

3 comments:

Gay McDonell said...

Fantastic template - there is something so likeable about lino prints - and Miss Beatie is making an excellent owl!

Helen said...

You have a very talented Daughter in Miss Beatie. Can she crochet as well?

the arty dog said...

No, not yet Helen - are you offering? I hear you're a good teacher.